Sunday, October 12, 2008

From Cozy Mysteries to Pioneers...

I should probably enlighten you as to the type of books I read...

I would say that my favorite books are ones that focus on small-town life. Jan Karon's series about Mitford, Phillip Gulley and his Harmony books, Debbie Macomber and the Blossom Street and Cedar Cove series, and Joan Medlicott and her Covington ladies are favorites of mine.

I also enjoy books that follow pioneers and their trials. Lauraine Snelling wrote a great series about the Red River and its inhabitants. Ruth Glover wrote the Saskatchewan Saga series. And Linda Hubalek has several series about pioneers.

Cozy mysteries are another favorite. (Cozy mysteries are ones that are not filled with blood and gore.) M.C. Beaton wrote the Agatha Raison books, Rett MacPherson and the Torie O'Shay mysteries, Rhys Bowen and her Evan Evans, Molly Murphy and Her Royal Spyness series, and Nancy Atherton has the Aunt Dimity books.

Then there are books (usually mysteries) that revolve around hobbies... Maggie Sefton writes knitting mysteries, Laura Childs writes tea shop mysteries, Kate Collins and her flower shop books, and Jennifer Chiaverini and the Elm Creek quilters.

Humorous books that I enjoy are ones by Katie Fforde, Sophie Kinsella, and Hester Browne.

Books that I really don't care to read are ones with gruesome details, overly romantic novels, and sci-fi. (Sci-fi books are Tony's specialties!)

Well, I think that sums up my favorite books... I will probably come up with a ton more so I will just keep on adding them!

No comments: